Thank you for your interest in submitting an exhibition proposal to the Museo Italo Americano. We are always interested in seeing new works by Italian and Italian-American artists! Proposals are reviewed three times a year by our Art Committee, and then by the Selection Jury. You should receive a reply within 3-4 months of your submission on the status of your proposal.
In order to best consider your proposal, we require the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae: Please include an up-to-date copy of your CV.
- Images: Please include up to 20 hard copy or digital images (jpeg or tiff on CD or DVD), with artist name, title of work, date, media, dimensions in inches. Please also include hard copies of all images on CD. Indicate if work will be for sale and include a list of value of work.
- Selected Press: Include all reviews and newspaper, magazine, or web articles.
- Exhibition Proposal/Artist Statement: Please include a statement on why the Museo Italo Americano is an appropriate venue for your proposal. Please keep in mind that the Museo is dedicated to exhibiting works of Italian and Italian-American artists exclusively. We unfortunately cannot consider proposals of artists who are neither Italian nor Italian-American, even if the subject matter is Italy.
- Envelope and Postage: If you would like your proposal materials returned to you, please supply a large, stamped envelope.
Please send your proposal to:
Museo Italo Americano
Attention: Mary Serventi Steiner, Curator
Fort Mason Center, Building C
San Francisco, Ca. 94123