The Museo Italo Americano offers free art programs to San Francisco schools through C.I.A.O.: Children’s Italian Art Outreach program.
The classes are taught by Coreen Abbott, MFA. Coreen is an artist and teacher and has developed several projects which complement the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade curriculum. She introduces each project by putting it in a historical context by means of a Power Point presentation and by stressing the importance of ancient art to our life today.
The projects offered are
- Trajan’s Column and the Roman Empire
- Giotto and the Middle Ages
- The Ghiberti Doors and Early Renaissance
- Making a Masterpiece: art techniques of the Renaissance
- Unification of Italy: The 20 regions and their unique artistic characteristics
Materials for this program are underwritten by the Carl Gellert and Celia Berta Gellert Foundation.
The Museo also offers free presentations on the history of Italian Opera, performed by the renowned VIVA OPERA group. This program has been totally underwritten by the Rosaria Haugland Foundation.
For information email us or call (415) 673.2200